Is the world approaching a serious of disasters that will bring in Armageddon? Are we living in the last days of earth and end times of civilization?
With Severe Storms, Tornadoes, Earthquakes and Wildfires Erupting Across the Earth Today, Are You Prepared to Survive Tomorrow?
Nowadays, no continent on Earth is safe from catastrophe, and the same can be said for most U.S. states.
Our planet is clearly going through perilous changes. The fact that the polar ice caps are melting, and the fact that the weather is getting more severe all around the globe — well, it looks like disasters are going to become more commonplace — and kill a lot more people.
Clearly the world is changing, and we know for a fact that the polar ice caps are melting.
According to scientists, they’re melting at an alarming pace.
Many scientists blame ‘Global Warming’. However other scientists heatedly say that ‘Global Warming’ is just a theory, and the true data doesn’t support it.
Something else is going on, they say. Exactly what is going on, these scientists aren’t sure. Some want to point to climate change, and try to pin blame on a number of factors related to the growth of the civilized world.
Here’s something that many scientists don’t seem willing to consider — what’s going on with Planet Earth is coming from the direct hand of God.
The End of Days Are Prophecied in the Bible
Just as foretold over two thousand years ago in the Holy Bible…
In the ‘last days’ the Bible reads, when the world is at the height of wickedness and much of the world has turned it’s back on God and the Savior that was sent to all people, Jesus Christ — God is going to bring a number of devastating “judgments” on the world, in a period appearing to last approximately 7 years.
Many Christians refer to this time period as the “Tribulation”.
In the Book of Daniel, God calls it the “Time of Wrath”.
The Time of Wrath … Has it Started?
In the Book of Revelation, it is referred to as the “Hour of Judgment” (Revelation 14:6-8) and includes the coming “man of lawlessness” (which many refer to as the “Anti-Christ”) and his infamous “mark of the beast” or (6-6-6).
Before these judgments begin — and before the Anti-Christ is given power over the nations of the earth — Jesus Christ told the disciples that there would be signs in the earth, and signs in the heavens, that would occur like birth pains on a pregnant woman in labor. What he seemed to say is that these ‘signs’ would start out infrequently and spread apart, but as the Time of Wrath approaches the signs in the heavens and signs in the earth would occur closer together, similar to a woman about to give birth.
In the last two decades, that is clearly happening with the number of natural disasters that have occurred.
And in the eyes of God, as revealed to us in the Holy Bible, the world we live in today has more evil people doing more evil things than any other time in history.
Whether you believe in the Bible or not, we are living on a Biblical time bomb. If Christians are right, this bomb is about to blow.
Preparing for Disaster
What you have on hand for ’emergency supplies’ can and will most likely save your life when a major disaster hits.
As you go through each day knowing that something terrible could happen — and that the Time of Wrath as foretold in the Bible may truly be at hand — why not have a few essential supplies on hand?
Nowadays, the chance of an emergency coming your way is unfortunately pretty good.
Even if you do decide to believe in the Bible, the Bible reports that most people fail to come to true faith and are destined for the Time of Wrath. Of course, this may include you, if you’re half-hearted or lukewarm in your relationship with Jesus Christ.
With God, the warnings from the Bible are clear… we have to be sincere about our faith in Jesus Christ. We have to live lives fully committed to living by God’s Word and living out the teachings of Jesus.
If you don’t live by the Bible — and follow God’s commands and the teachings of Christ, as lead by the Holy Spirit given to those who truly believe — you are destined for the Time of Wrath. You can read this yourself in Chapters 2 and 3 of Revelation (the last book in the Bible).
Why Are Christians Not Taking the Book of Revelation Seriously?
A lot Christians in modern day America take a few vague passages said by the Apostle Paul in early books of the New Testament to justify lukewarm faith or backslidden living. At the same time, they skip the Book of Revelation — the last book of the Bible — entirely, which lays out very clearly in Chapters 2 and 3 that God has called all believers to true and sincere faith — and he promises to spit believers with lukewarm faith from his mouth — if these believers don’t repent.
You can read that yourself in Revelation 3:15-16. So why are so many Christians skipping the Book of Revelation?…
With these things in mind, it might be smart for you to prepare for the possibility of disaster coming over the earth in the near future, as the beginning of God’s end times judgments. I say this because the Time of Wrath appears to be close at hand. Could it be twenty years away? Could it be five years away?
Or could it only be a few months from now? Christ tells us that he is coming like a thief in the night (Matthew 24:36-42) and this is likely the same time that God’s judgments will begin on the nations, and the world will enter the Time of Wrath.
If the end is going to come as a surprise to much of the world, it might be smart to be prepared — perhaps your preparation will help loved ones and neighbors better cope in the initial days of a disaster.
1) Large Supply of Bottled Water, and the knowledge to procure water from contaminated sources. Two of the most common methods for procuring drinking water from contaminated sources are called "distilling" (which involves boiling water and collecting the steam in a "run-off" that then drips clean water into a separate container); the other method is called "filtering", which involves pouring water through a manufactured or home-made "filter" system, in an effort to remove contaminates.
2) Non-perishable Food - This refers to any food that does not need refrigeration and is packaged, canned, or bottled in a way to provide a long shelf life. Be sure to check expiration dates.
3) Candles / Wooden Matches / Lighters - Candles are specifically made to burn for longer amounts of time than traditional decorative candles. Like bottled water, it's good to have a large supply of emergency candles, wooden matches, and lighters. A few weeks down the road, candles are likely to become your only light source, especially if firewood runs low and those wind-up emergency flashlights stop working.
4) Light weight Axe - Firewood is the most obvious source to provide heat during cold temperatures, and as long as you have a good axe, you can turn just about anything into firewood.
Choose an axe that is both heavy duty, and light weight, because you may end up carrying it in a backpack over long distances, and the less it weighs, the better.
5) Propane for Cooking
Propane is the most obvious fuel source to keep on your property.
To conserve propane, use smaller propane camp stove during a time of disaster.
6) First Aid Kit - Make sure you have a well stocked first aid kit, which are commonly sold at drugstores and back country stores. With your kit, be sure to include a generous supply of Ibuprofen (pain reliever and fever reducer), and antiseptic spray for burns, stings, and cuts. Rubbing alcohol and hydrogen peroxide are also recommended by some, for washing out wounds, in preparation for bandaging. Anti-diarrhea medication is also recommended, as there is a chance you may eat contaminated food or drink contaminated water at some point, and suffer from it.
7) Radio and batteries - A small emergency radio is good to have around; if news is still broadcasting you can pick up reports to find out how the rest of the nation is faring during this time of devastation.
In a time of disaster, a CB or ham radio can offer communications with others when telephone and cell phone service is disrupted across the region. Midland's Two-Way Emergency Crank Radio -- you can talk over CB channels with others while most people in the area will be without communications.
If family and friends in the region also have one of these two-way radios (or simply a hand-held two way radio), agree beforehand on a couple of channels to communicate on -- so that you can easily find each other on two-way radio when disaster strikes.
8) Headlamp / Flashlight / Lantern - it's good to have 2 - 3 flashlights on hand, that are heavy duty and can withstand moisture and being dropped. Headlamps are even better, as you can wear them around your head, which frees up your hands so you can explore, work, cook, etc.
9) Heavy Duty Tarp - Tarp is sold in most home improvement stores; choose a dark color that doesn't stand out (in case you ever have to hide out in the forest), and have 3 - 5 tarps of various sizes. Tarp can be used for a number of things – from building shelters in the forest, to building shelters underground.
Stuff a bath towel or blanket under the door crack to keep the cold from coming in and to keep body heat from escaping. Also, hang up towels and blankets over the window, and even seal off with tarp and duct tape to help keep warmth from escaping at night through the window pane.
10) Bowie Knife - A good knife is an essential, and is going to cost some money. When choosing a knife, look for one where the blade runs to the bottom of the handle; and make sure that the store that you're buying it from understands that you intend to do a lot of wood carving with it, so you absolutely need a knife with a handle that won't fall apart with repeat use.
11) Hiking Boots - You want a pair that are going to last you, and not fall apart if by chance you end up wearing them for two years or more straight. When selecting a boot, let the store know that you need a pair that is built to withstand heavy hiking, and that is the least likely to need any repairs on the trail. You want a boot where the bottom sole is "stitched" to the rest of the boot, instead of simply glued to it, which is how most cheaper boots come.
12) Compass - If you have to flee your community, or if you've simply taken to nearby forests to hunt and fish for food, a good compass and knowing how to use it is an important tool to have. Some compasses even come with a built in thermometer and signaling mirror, which can help you out in a survival situation.
13) Pepper Spray - Whether it's wild dogs that have gotten loose, or cougars or bears that have strayed down into your community – pepper spray that's strong enough to ward off Grizzly bears – called "Bear Pepper Spray" for it's strength – can prove to be a life saver. Consider buying 3 - 5 large bottles, or one for each member of your family. You can also use it to fend off looters (as long as they're not pointing a gun at you).
14) Cold Weather Sleeping Bag - To make sure that you're protected by any exceptional drop in temperature, you should consider buying a sleeping bag that can hold up with repeat use, and will keep you warm to twenty degrees below zero. Depending on where you live in America – you may need to go even colder than that.
15) Cold Weather Parka and Snow Pants - Since you might find yourself out in cold weather during the day time, as you collect firewood, help out neighbors, and hunt and fish for food, it's important to have the right coat and pants that can withstand the elements, especially snow and slush.
16) Personal Hygiene Items - In preparation for a widespread disaster, and the possible collapse of government and our entire economy, you should be aware that the next time you go shopping at a supermarket, it could be your last. If the economy falls, stores are going to fast run out of food and supplies, and without new shipments coming, there will be no more stores to buy from. Not only is your money likely to be useless, but the items that you do need are going to be in high demand, which probably means very hard to come by.
Stock up now on toothpaste, mouthwash, dental floss (the last thing you want to have happen is a dental emergency, when there are no more dentists available), bar soap for bathing, shampoo, bleach, bleach wipes (very handy), and laundry detergent. If you minimize your use of these items, you can make them last many months.
17) Outdoor Clothing - If disaster strikes, there's a good chance you won't be reporting to work in an office downtown, but you may find yourself helping out neighbors and others in your community by building shelters and repairing houses that may have been damaged. With this in mind, be sure to have clothing that can handle being outside in the elements.
Consider stocking up on clothing that's geared for heavy use. Have an assortment of pants, sweat pants, sweatshirts, hooded sweatshirts, thermal underwear, and a few pairs of wool socks. If you can afford to buy more than the average person, don't hesitate to do so.
When preparing for a natural disaster or large scale terrorist attack (such as a nuclear detonation in a nearby city), there's no such thing as being over-prepared.
18) Hiking Backpack - Things might get bad. Really bad. You and your family might have to flee the area; in fact you might have to flee the entire state.
If you still have a vehicle, and you have a full tank of gas, and there's still a road to drive on – great, you're in luck. Start driving and get out of dodge.
But at some point you're going to run out of gas, and any gas station you come to is likely to be closed and out of operation.
When that happens, strap on your hiking backpack, and start walking. Have a detailed map of the state.
19) Holy Bible and the "End of Days"- Believe it or not, this world is not going to last forever, and neither are you. History is littered with the remains of fallen empires, and the Bible records many of these. In the past, God has judged the world for widespread wickedness, and he did it with a flood.
The Bible reports that God is going to do this once again, in the 'last days', but instead of a massive flood as occurred back in the days of Noah and the Ark, the Bible shows that God is going to use other nations to bring war against the most wicked nations, and a number of natural disasters across the earth, as a series of "judgments" for not accepting Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior, and following God's commandments.
According to many Christians who are pure in their faith (in other words, they don't just call themselves "Christians" but they actually live by the Word of the Bible, love one another, and follow God's commandments), that wicked nation that God is likely to bring his wrath against first, is America.
In the Bible, God has a history of judging his own people first, and that is why judgment is likely to start with the United States (the largest "Christian" nation on Earth); the Bible appears to describe these judgments starting with a nuclear attack on nation's largest city – New York City.
How to Escape the Coming 'Time of Wrath'
The Bible teaches that either right before or as the first of many devastating judgments strike the world, that all Christians pure in the faith are going to be taken from this world, to the Kingdom of God, which is the "new world" that the Bible reports that Jesus Christ went away to prepare.
If you want to escape these massive judgments that are coming on to the world – and go to the new world that Jesus Christ has promised his people, which millions of Christians have waited a long time for:
Revelation 3:10 - Because you have kept My command to persevere, I also will keep you from the hour of trial which shall come upon the whole world, to test those who dwell on the earth.
Revelation 3:11 - I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take your crown.