1. This is how sperm whales sleep.
2. This is how double decker buses are tested.
3. This is what Mars would look like if it still had water.
4. This is how zoologists weigh tiny birds.
The bird is a java sparrow and it's being weighed at Chester Zoo in England.
5. This is how Amazon ships bubble wrap.
6. This is how pineapples grow.
7. This is how Google does "street view" in the Arctic.
8. This is what we'd see if Saturn was as close as the Moon.
9. This is how snow is cleared off train tracks in Alaska.
10. This is how wood chips are unloaded from trucks.
11. This is the first alligator with a prosthetic tail.
The alligator's name is "Mr. Stubbs."
12. This is how a Protestant and Catholic couple were buried since neither could be buried in the other Church's graveyard.
The gravesite is in the Netherlands.
13. This is the Super Bowl confetti shaped like the Lombardi trophy.
14. This is what Mt. Rushmore was supposed to look like.
This scale model shows the level of detail they wanted. Too bad they ran into some serious funding troubles.
15. This is how the elevator works in St. Louis' Gateway Arch.
16. This is how a starfish eats an anchovy.
17. This is what 20 minutes of fireworks being set off at once looks like.
It was a big mistake. It happened in San Diego in 2012.
18. This is the inside of an Amazon warehouse.
This warehouse is in Wales.
19. This is tonic water under a blacklight.
20. This is what Barbie would look like with normal proportions.
The Vice President of Design at Mattel, Kimberly Culmone, recently said, “Barbie was never designed to be realistic.” That obviously didn't go over well.
21. This is what Justin Bieber wore to meet the Prime Minister of Canada.
22. This is what it looks like when kayaking through ice.
23. This is the world's largest living cat.
It's actually a liger named Hercules and weights 922 pounds.
24. This is the largest K'nex ball machine.
25. This is several tons of manure being dumped in front of the French parliament.
The gifting happened in January 2014 and was obviously a symbol of protest.
26. This is algae causing the water of Bondi Beach to turn red.
Caused by a rare algae bloom in 2012.
27. This is how fish are fed at an aquarium.
At the Harbin Pole Aquarium.
28. This is what decades of nuclear testing did to a desert in Nevada.
29. This is what a penny looks like after being on Mars for over a year.
The penny is being carried by the Mars Rover Curiosity.
30. This is the tombstone symbol used for atheist U.S. veterans.
31. This is what happens when a train does a "burnout."
The brakes are applied but the engine didn't get the signal.
32. This is the correct way to cut limes.
33. This is the "sand" at Ireland's coral beach in Carraroe.
34. This is how much bigger Disneyworld is than Disneyland.
35. This is what the signature "line" looks like on checks.
It's called microprinting and can be found on U.S. currency as well.
36. This is a "snake worm" called an Amphisbaena.
37. This is Vancouver's "The Sun" becoming "The Moon!"
From July 21st, 1969.
38. This is what a road clearing looks like after huge snowfalls.
39. The name FedEx Express seems just a bit duplicative.
FedEx used to be Federal Express, which mean this is comically close to Federal Express Express. Between this and the "arrow," FedEx really wants to stress how fast they are.
40. This is what it looks like when a walrus falls asleep on a submarine.
41. This is someone who should get a DUI.